Mexican Chili Con Carne
|Kidney beans||1⁄2 Pound, soaked overnight|
|Water||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Lean beef/Lean veal||1 Pound, cut into 1-inch cubes|
|Vegetable oil/Bacon fat||2 Tablespoon|
|Canned tomatoes/Tomatoes- 2 fresh, peeled and cubed||16 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Chili powder||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
1) In a saucepan, cook the beans in the soaking water, over high heat for 2 to 3 hours or until tender.
2) Strain the beans, reserving the liquid.
3) In the non-stick pan, heat oil or bacon fat and brown the beef.
4) Stir in the beans along with tomatoes, salt chilli powder and paprika.
5) Pour enough of reserved liquid to just cover the beans.
6) Put the lid on and simmer for 8 to 10 hours.
7) Serve hot over rice and garnish with chopped parsley if desired.