Mexican Corn Bread Stuffing
|Chopped celery||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped onion||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Unsalted butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Crumbled dried sage||1 Teaspoon|
|Cornbread cubes||6 Cup (96 tbs), dried|
|Dry white bread cubes||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Chopped green chilies||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Chopped cilantro||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chicken stock/Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) In butter, sautÃ© the onion and celery till soft.
2) Add the cumin and sage and stir well.
3) In a large mixing bowl, combine the bread crumbs and pour the onion mixture over the bread.
4) If preferred, add the cilantro and chilies.
5) With chicken stock, moisten the mixture and toss lightly.
6) Serve or use the stuffing as preferred. It is enough to stuff a 15 pound turkey. Alternately, bake in it a greased covered casserole for 30 to 40 minutes at 350 degrees and serve with the turkey.