Mexican Corn Bread Stuffing
|Chopped celery||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped onion||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Unsalted butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Crumbled dried sage||1 Teaspoon|
|Cornbread cubes||6 Cup (96 tbs), dried|
|Dry white bread cubes||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Chopped green chilies||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Chopped cilantro||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chicken stock/Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) In butter, sautÃ© the onion and celery till soft.
2) Add the cumin and sage and stir well.
3) In a large mixing bowl, combine the bread crumbs and pour the onion mixture over the bread.
4) If preferred, add the cilantro and chilies.
5) With chicken stock, moisten the mixture and toss lightly.
6) Serve or use the stuffing as preferred. It is enough to stuff a 15 pound turkey. Alternately, bake in it a greased covered casserole for 30 to 40 minutes at 350 degrees and serve with the turkey.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2743 Calories from Fat 1092
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 124 g190.2%
Saturated Fat 66.4 g332.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 416.9 mg139%
Sodium 4090.4 mg170.4%
Total Carbohydrates 346 g115.2%
Dietary Fiber 19.2 g76.8%
Sugars 41.8 g
Protein 66 g133%
Vitamin A 155.8% Vitamin C 1190.4%
Calcium 89.4% Iron 44.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet