Mexican Jalapeno Rolls
|Dry yeast||1⁄4 Ounce (1 Packet)|
|Warm water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Bread flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Masa harina||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Unsalted margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Skim milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Whole kernel corn||8 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|Jalapeno peppers||2 , seeded and minced|
|Vegetable cooking spray||1|
1) Preheat the oven to 325F. Grease two 8-inch round pans with cooking spray.
2) Dissolve yeast and 1 teaspoon sugar in 1/4 cup warm water. Keep aside for 5 minutes till the mixture becomes foamy.
3) In a large bowl, add in flour, masa harina and salt. Mix and keep aside.
4) Add into the flour beaten egg, margarine, milk, corn, jalapeno peppers and yeast mixture. Stir well.
5) Transfer the dough onto a floured surface. Knead for 5 minutes till the dough is smooth and elastic. Keep the dough in a cooking spray coated bowl. Grease the top of the dough too.
6) Cover the dough and let it rest for 1 hour till the dough doubles up in size.
7) Box down the dough and roll into 16 equal sized balls.
8) Transfer the balls into the round pans. Cover and let ret for 45 minutes till it doubles in bulk.
9) Bake the rolls for 35 minutes till they turn golden brown.
10) Serve the Mexican Jalapeno Rolls with green onion cream cheese.