1. In a bowl mix together flour, cornmeal and baking powder.
2. Add shortening, egg, water and work up to form stiff dough. Allow to rest.
3. Knead for about 5 minutes and divide into 4.
4. Roll each part into a 10-inch square, about 1/8th inch thickness.
5. In a deep fat fryer heat oil to about 375 degrees Fahrenheit and add rolled tortilla one at a time.
6. Cook on both sides, turning once, until slightly golden brown.
7. Store or break in each tortilla in to 4 to 5 pieces, sprinkle popcorn salt and serve.