1. Remove stems, veins, and seeds from chiles. Tear the chiles into 1-2” pieces and place in a bowl and cover with boiling water.
2. In a pan, heat oil and sauté onions.
3. Add garlic and cook for few minutes.
4. Add tomato sauce and chicken stock. Simmer for few minutes.
5. Drain the chiles and add to the pan and continue to simmer for five more minutes.
Enchilada sauce makes a great condiment and the pleasure of the food gets double, if one can make the sauce at home. The video here shows how to make tasty enchilada sauce using Mexico chili, tomato sauce, chicken stock and seasonings. Watch the video and make it yourself.