Mexican Snack Squares
|Refrigerated crescent dinner rolls||16 Ounce (Pillsbury, 2 cans, 8-oz.each)|
|Canned refried beans||16 Ounce (1 can)|
|Dairy sour cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Taco seasoning mix||2 Tablespoon (from 1 1/4-oz. package)|
|Cheddar cheese||6 Ounce, shredded (1 1/2 cups)|
|Green onions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sliced|
|Green bell pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Tomatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped and seeded|
|Ripe olives||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sliced|
1) Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2) Spread the dough into 4 long rectangles.
3) Arrange crosswise on non-stick baking pan, press over bottom and 1 inch up sides to form a crust.
4) Press down the perforations to seal.
5) Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes or until light browned.
6) Remove from the oven and allow to cooled down.
7) Cover the crust with beans leaving 1/2 inch edges.
8) In a bowl, mix together sour cream and taco seasoning mix.
9) Smear the beans with sour cream mixture.
10) Dredge with cheese, onions, bell pepper, tomatoes and olives equally over sour cream mixture.
11) Cover the crust with plastic film and refrigerate for 1 hour.
12) Cut in crust in 2 inch squares.
13) Arrange the squares on the serving platter and serve with salsa if desired.