|Fresh poblano chiles||8 Large|
|All-purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|1% low fat milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Shredded low fat monterey jack cheese||5 Ounce|
|Crushed tomatoes||28 Ounce|
|Canola oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Small onion||1 , chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Ground cumin||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. Slit each chilli, deseed and pat dry.
2. In a pan, boil water, add chillis, cover, and simmer for 3 minutes, until barely tender. Drain and place in a baking dish.
3. In a blender puree tomatoes and set aside.
4. In a saucepan, melt margarine, add flour and cook, stirring for 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in milk. Simmer until thickened and cool. Add in egg yolk and 1 cup cheese
5. In a skillet, heat oil, add onions, garlic and sautÃ©, until soft, add cumin, blended tomatoes, pepper and remove from fire.
6. Equally divide the cheese mixture into the slit chilies. Pour tomato sauce in the baking dish and place the chilies over it in.
7. Pour over the arranged chilies the remaining sauce and the cheese mixture.
8. In a preheated oven, bake at 250 degrees centigrade for about 30 minutes, until filling is puffed, and peppers cooked.
9. Serve hot.