Chili Con Carne Stew
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Minced beef||450 Gram|
|Chili powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Green pepper||1 , seeded and cubed|
|Tomato puree||1 Tablespoon|
|Canned tomatoes||400 Gram (1 Tin)|
|Canned red kidney beans||425 Gram (1 Tin)|
1) In a large pan, heat the oil and fry the onion till it is tender.
2) Add the mince in batches and stir and cook over moderate heat till brown.
3) Add the chili powder and salt to taste and mix well.
4) Add the green pepper, tomatoes and tomato puree and stir well. Gently simmer for about 20 minutes.
5) Add the kidney beans and cook, occasionally stirring, for about 20 additional minutes.
6) Serve the Chili Con Carne while it is still hot in a decorative serving bowl. Boiled rice and green salad make excellent accompaniments to the stew.