|Flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Shredded monterey jack cheese||8 Ounce (2 Cup)|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), melted|
|Canned diced green chilies||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 350° F.
2. Spray a 10-inch quiche dish with nonstick cooking spray.
3. In a mixing bowl, place the eggs and beat well.
4. Add flour, baking powder and cheese to the beaten eggs and mix well.
5. Blend in butter and green chilies to the egg- flour mixture and combine to form a smooth mixture.
6. Pour the mixture into the baking dish and bake at 350° F for about 35 minutes or until custard is set.
7. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting to ensure that the filling is set.
8. Sprinkle grated cheese and serve the quiche hot.
Quiche slices neatly if allowed to cool. To rewarm a quiche, it is best to do so in an oven. Placing quiche in the microwave will turn it rubbery.
Calories 475 Calories from Fat 331
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 37 g57.6%
Saturated Fat 20.3 g101.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 503.2 mg167.7%
Sodium 666 mg27.8%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.2%
Dietary Fiber 0.41 g1.6%
Sugars 0.8 g
Protein 26 g51.2%
Vitamin A 29.1% Vitamin C 6.6%
Calcium 55.4% Iron 13.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet