|Diced salt pork||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cubed beef||2 Pound|
|Condensed tomato soup||10 3⁄4 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Green pepper||1 Medium, chopped|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Pepper red||1 Dash|
|Potatoes||2 Pound, peeled and quartered|
|Pitted green olives||10|
|Capers||1 Tablespoon (If Desired)|
1) In a skillet, cook the salt pork, until slightly tender.
2) Stir in the beef cubes and paprika, saute until browned.
3) Stir in the tomato soup, water, green pepper, onion, bay leaves, and red pepper.
4) Cover and cook over a low heat, stirring occasionally for about 2 hours.
5) Stir in the potatoes, salt, olives, and capers.
6) Stir occasionally and cook for another 40 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender.
7) Serve the Carne Guisada, immediately on a serving platter.