South-western Black Bean Tortilla Bites
|Tortilla chips||35 (Triangular-Shaped, Unbroken Pieces)|
|Canned pinto beans/Canned black beans||15 Ounce, drained, rinsed (1 Can)|
|Thick and chunky salsa||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped fresh cilantro||1 Tablespoon|
|Cheese blend||6 Ounce, shredded (Colby Or Monterey Jack)|
|Dairy sour cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Fresh cilantro leaves||1 Tablespoon (To Garnish)|
1) Place the tortilla chips on a non-stick pan, in single layer.
2) In a bowl, mix together salsa and chopped cilantro.
3) Spread about 2 teaspoons of beans mixture on the center of each tortilla chip.
4) Dredge the cheese equally on the chips.
5) Broil the chips about 4 to 6 inches from the heat for 1 ½ to 4 minutes or until cheese melted.
6) Garnish each tortilla with ½ teaspoon of sour cream and cilantro.
7) Serve with salsa on side.
Calories 509 Calories from Fat 245
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g40.4%
Saturated Fat 10.9 g54.3%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 44.9 mg15%
Sodium 1057.5 mg44.1%
Total Carbohydrates 47 g15.6%
Dietary Fiber 7.7 g31%
Sugars 4.4 g
Protein 19 g38.9%
Vitamin A 23.7% Vitamin C 7%
Calcium 44% Iron 8.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet