low fat Mexican Strata
|Turkey sausage||1 Pound|
|French loaf||1 , cubed|
|Canned thick 'n chunky mild salsa||16 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Shredded mozzarella cheese||12 Ounce|
|Egg substitute||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1. In a medium skillet, add crumbled sausage and cook until brown, drain excess fat.
2. In a 13x9-inch baking dish arrange the cubed French loaf, add salsa over the bread.
3.Pour over with half the sausages and sprinkle half the shredded cheese.
4. Repeat the same layers of bread, salsa, remaining sausage and cheese.
5. Separately blend egg substitute, milk and pour over top of bread.
6. Cover, and chill overnight.
7. Remove cover and bake in a pre-heated oven at 225 degrees centigrade for about 45 minutes until light golden in color.
8. Serve hot.
Calories 1762 Calories from Fat 783
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 88 g134.9%
Saturated Fat 35.9 g179.3%
Trans Fat 0.8 g
Cholesterol 330.7 mg110.2%
Sodium 4545.5 mg189.4%
Total Carbohydrates 120 g40.1%
Dietary Fiber 11.3 g45.4%
Sugars 26.9 g
Protein 124 g248%
Vitamin A 69.1% Vitamin C 55.1%
Calcium 149.2% Iron 83.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet