Mexican Beef Casserole
|Lean beef||12 Ounce, cubed (350 Gram)|
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Green chili||1 Small|
|Canned tomatoes||14 Ounce, chopped (1 Can, 400 Gram)|
|Tomato puree||1 Tablespoon|
|Beef stock||1⁄4 Pint (Fat Removed If Homemade, 150 Milliliter)|
|Cornflour||1⁄2 Ounce (15 Gram)|
|Cold water||2 Fluid Ounce (50 Milliliter)|
|Frozen sweetcorn kernels||4 Ounce (100 Gram)|
|Canned kidney beans||7 1⁄2 Ounce, drained (1 Can, 213 Gram)|
1) Trim the beef if any visible fat is there.
2) Cut the chilli in half lengthwise and discard the seeds and stalk.
3) Chop the chili finely.
4) In a pan add the chopped chili with the tomatoes, tomato puree, beef and stock.
5) Let the stock boil, cover and simmer for about 40 minutes, or until the meat is tender.
6) Combine the cornflour with the water and add to the pan.
7) Add the sweetcorn and kidney beans.
8) Boil the ingredients, cover the pan and simmer for a further 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
9) Serve the beef casserole with boiled brown rice.