Chili Con Queso With Raw Vegetables
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (1/2 Stick)|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely chopped|
|Canned tomatoes||1 Pound (1 Can, Undrained)|
|Canned green chilies||8 Ounce, drained and chopped (2 Cans Of 4 Ounce Each)|
|Monterey jack cheese||1 Pound, cubed|
|Heavy cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. In a medium skillet, heat butter and sautÃ© onion until tender.
2. Stir in tomatoes, chilies and sprinkle salt; mash tomatoes with fork.
3. Simmer with occasional stirring for 15 minutes and then keep it aside.
4. Just before serving, reheat the tomato mixture and add cheese cubes; stir until cheese is melted.
5. Stir in cream and cook with constant stirring constantly for about 2 minutes.
6. Let it cool for 15 minutes.
7. Serve over a casserole dish or as a dip with carrot sticks, celery hearts, cucumber sticks and large corn chips.