Chili Tortilla Casserole
|6 inch corn tortillas||12 (1 Package)|
|Salad oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Canned chili con carne||15 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Cheddar cheese||8 Ounce, shredded (1 Package / 2 Cup)|
|Canned pinto beans/Red kidney beans||15 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Canned green chilies||4 Ounce, chopped (1 Can)|
|Frozen 3-cheese flavor premixed quiche filling||26 Ounce (1 Container Of 1 Pound And 10 Ounce)|
|Green onions||2 , root ends trimmed|
|Tomato||1 Large, stem end removed, cut into 9 wedges|
1. Preheat oven to 375F.
2. Cut white ends from green onions.
3. Cut green part of onions crosswise into 1/4-inch pieces.
4. With pastry brush, oil the foil baking pan and place in tortillas lightly oiling both sides of each tortilla. On each long side of pan place 2 tortillas, overlapping.
5. Remove and cut remaining 8 tortillas in half and place 2 halves, rounded sides up, on each short side of pan.
6. On the bottom of pan arrange 4 halves so that entire inner surface of pan is lined with tortillas.
7. Spread chili con carne evenly over tortillas on bottom of pan and sprinkle half of shredded Cheddar over chili-con-carne layer.
8. Spread pinto beans evenly over cheese and arrange remaining 8 tortilla halves to cover bean layer.
9. Sprinkle green chilies over tortilla layer and pour quiche mixture over chilies.
10. Bake 45 to 50 minutes until tortillas are lightly browned and mixture is set.
11. Remove from oven and let it stand 10 minutes before cutting.
12. Garnish casserole with remaining cheese, the green onions and tomato wedges and serve.