Chilies Con Queso
|Processed american cheese||1⁄2 Pound, cut into 1/2-inch cubes|
|Canned tomato paste||6 Ounce (Hunt's, 1 can)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Canned green chilies||4 Ounce, diced (1 can)|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), minced|
|Green pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), diced|
|Lemon juice||2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||1⁄4 Teaspoon, very finely minced|
|Tortilla chips/Corn chips||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (to serve)|
1. Prepare a fondue pot or chafing dish.
2. In a saucepan, add the cheese cubes.
3. Place on a medium low flame and melt the cheese, stirring frequently.
4. Combine the tomato paste and water in a bowl and blend well.
5. Stir in the chilies, onion, pepper, lemon juice, and garlic.
6. When the cheese has melted to a smooth sauce, add the tomato mixture to the pan.
7. Stir and heat through.
8. Pour the Chilies Con Queso into the fondue pot or chafing dish.
9. Serve immediately with tortilla or corn chips.