Mexican Corn Casserole
|Onions||1 Cup (16 tbs), minced|
|Green peppers||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), minced|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), minced|
|Tomatoes||2 Cup (32 tbs), chopped|
|Coriander||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), minced|
|Dried oregano||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground cumin||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Red wine vinegar||2 Teaspoon|
|Stock||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Cornmeal||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Corn||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Low fat monterey jack cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), shredded|
|Mild chili peppers||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Scallions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), minced|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) Coat a 9-inch pie plate with butter.
3) In skillet, heat water and saute the onions, green peppers and garlic, for 5 minutes or until tender.
4) Add the tomatoes, coriander, oregano and cumin.
5) Bring to a boil, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
6) Remove the lid and cook, stirring, until thick.
7) Add in the vinegar.
8) In a saucepan heat the stock and whisk in the cornmeal and oil.
9) Simmer, stirring constantly, until the mixture bubbles and is very thick, about 15 minutes.
10) Stir in the corn.
11) Spread the corn tilling in the pie plate and sprinkle with cheese, peppers and scallions.
12) Cove with the remaining corn mixture and top with tomato mixture.
13) Bake for 40 minutes
14) Serve hot with a mix salad, if desired.