Crispy Corn Tortilla Strips With Chicken And Green Chili
|Yellow onions||2 , chopped|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Green bell pepper||1 , seeded and chopped|
|Stalks celery||2 , chopped|
|Garlic cloves||4 , minced|
|Cumin||1 Tablespoon, ground|
|Dried marjoram||2 Teaspoon|
|Chicken||4 Cup (64 tbs), shredded|
|Chicken broth||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Roasted red chilies||4 1⁄2 Ounce|
|Canned navy beans||15 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Canned chickpeas||15 Ounce, rinsed and drained (1 Can)|
1. Remove the husk of the tomatillos and put them in a baking sheet to broil into the broiler until they just start to blister. This will help the skin to come out easily.
2. On the stovetop place a pan to saute the onions in olive oil. Cook the onions for 10 minutes and then add the bell pepper and celery and continue to cook for another 4-5 minutes. Add the jalapenos and garlic and cook for 2 more minutes. Now add the cumin and the marjoram to the pan and stir for few more times.
3. Mash the broiled tomatillos into a large bowl and then add this into the onions in the pan. Add the chicken into the sauce and pour the broth over it. Now put the roasted red chilies and bay leaves into the sauce. Pour the navy beans, chickpeas into the sauce and season it with salt and pepper. Bring this to a boil, reduce the heat and let it simmer for about an hour.
4. to prepare the crispy corn tortillas, cut them into 2 inch slices and spread them on a baking sheet. Brush them lightly with little bit of olive oil and sprinkle salt to season. Put the baking sheet into the oven at 400F for 10 minutes.
5. Serve the green chili soup on a large soup plate and sprinkle the crispy tortillas on top of the soup. Squeeze fresh lime juice into the soup, if you like it to be little tangy.