Kidney Bean Quesadillas
|Canned red kidney beans||2 Ounce, drained, rinsed|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Chopped fresh italian parsley/Chopped fresh cilantro||1 Teaspoon|
|6 inch flour tortillas||2|
|Chopped tomato||2 Tablespoon|
|Green bell peppers||2 Tablespoon, divided|
|Shredded cheddar cheese||2 Ounce, divided|
|Vegetable oil||2 Teaspoon|
1) With the help of a fork, combine together the beans, garlic and cilantro (or parsley) in a small mixing bowl. Mash till the ingredients have combined together well. Keep the mixture aside.
2) Cook 1 tortilla in a 9-inch non-stick skillet placed over moderate-high heat, turning once, till the tortilla is thoroughly heated and has become flexible. This takes 1 to 2 minutes of cooking on each side.
3) Transfer the tortilla to a plate and spread half of the bean mixture over half of it.
4) With half of the tomato and bell pepper, top the bean mixture and then top with half of the cheese.
5) Cover the filling by folding the tortilla in half.
6) With the remaining tortilla, vegetables and cheese, repeat the process.
7) In the skillet in which the tortillas were cooked, heat the oil.
8) Add the stuffed tortillas to the skillet and cook, turning once, till the cheese has melted. This usually takes about 2 to 3 minutes of cooking on each side.
9) Remove the tortillas from the skillet. Cut each cooked tortilla in half.
10) Serve the Kidney Bean Quesadillas while still hot. The preparation makes a good and filling main dish. Can also be served as an appetizer after cutting into smaller pieces or a side dish.