Mexican Eggs In Potato Shells
|Baking potato||9 Ounce, baked (1 piece)|
|Sour cream||2 Tablespoon, divided|
|Minced onion||2 Tablespoon|
|Minced green bell pepper||2 Tablespoon|
|Seeded minced jalapeno pepper||1 Tablespoon|
|Tomato||1 , blanched, peeled, seeded and diced|
|Cheddar cheese||1⁄2 Ounce, shredded|
1) Cut the potato lengthwise in half and with the help of a spoon, scoop out the pulp. Leave ¼-inch-thick shells. Reserve the shells.
2) Combine together the potato pulp and 1 tablespoon of sour cream in a small mixing bowl. Mash and keep aside.
3) Melt the margarine in a small non-stick skillet and add the peppers and onion. Saute over moderate-high heat, frequently stirring, till the vegetables are tender-crisp, about 2 to 3 minutes.
4) Add the tomato and continue to cook, frequently stirring, till the contents have heated thoroughly and the flavors have blended. This takes another 2 to 3 minutes.
5) To the pulp mixture, add half of the sautÃ©ed vegetables and stir well to combine thoroughly.
6) Into each of the reserved potato shells, spoon half of the pulp mixture.
7) In a 1-quart microwaveable shallow casserole, set the potato shells.
8) With the back of a spoon, make a deep indentation in each potato-€™s center.
9) Into a small dish, break a small egg and then slide it into 1 indentation. Repeat with the remaining 1 egg.
10) With the help of a toothpick, pierce the membrane of the yolks in several places very lightly, taking care to not pierce the yolks.
11) With plastic wrap, tightly cover the casserole.
12) Microwave on Medium (50%) for about 3 minutes, till the egg whites are opague.
13) Over each egg, sprinkle half of the cheese and cover once again with the plastic wrap.
14) Microwave once again on Medium for 1 minute, till the cheese is melted.
15) With half of the remaining vegetable mixture and sour cream, top each portion.
16) Serve the preparation while it is still hot. Serve the remaining vegetable mixture on the side. Mexican Eggs in Potato Shells makes a good side dish as well as appetizer.