Tostadas With Salsa And Guacamole
|Pinto beans||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), peeled|
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Dried basil||2 Teaspoon|
|Chopped ripe tomatoes||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ground cumin||1 Tablespoon|
|Chili powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Chili flakes||To Taste (for sprinkling)|
|Cilantro leaves||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped tomatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cubed bell pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (red variety)|
|Diced red onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Jalapeno pepper||1 Small, seeded, minced|
|Freshly squeezed lime juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Corn tortillas/Small flour tortillas||8|
|Grated jack cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Romaine lettuce head||1 , washed, shredded|
|Carrot||1 , peeled, grated|
|Red cabbage head||1⁄2 , shredded|
|Cilantro leaves||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Soak beans overnight in 6 cups of water and baking soda.
2. Cook beans in the boiled soaking water along with bay leaf, onion, garlic, and dried basil for 45 to 60 minutes or until beans turn soft and can be mashed easily with the back of spoon.
3. Drain rest of the water, if any, discard bay leaf, add tomatoes, and mash using a potato masher.
4. Mix in chili powder, cumin, chili flakes, paprika, and chili powder and mash.
5. Using a spoon, meld all the salsa ingredients with washed, chopped cilantro leaves. Serve immediately or refrigerate covered, until used.
6. On a baking tray, place the tortillas. Fill each of the tortilla with ¼ cup of beans followed by 1 tablespoon cheese.
7. Broil for 2 minutes keeping on the lowest rack of the broiler to retain the warmth until served.
8. Serve the filled tortillas with toppings, guacamole, and salsa, in separate bowls.