|Pinto beans||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), cooked|
|Salsa||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Minced sweet red peppers||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Shredded low fat monterey jack cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2) Cut the tortillas into quarters.
3) Coarsely mash the beans.
4) Place the tortilla pieces on a baking sheet and bake for about 5 minutes or until crisp but not brown.
5) Let it cool for few minutes.
6) Spread the beans on the tortillas and place the wedges on the baking sheet.
7) Spoon a little salsa on each piece.
8) Sprinkle with peppers and cheese.
9) Bake for 3 minutes or until cheese melts.
10) Serve hot, as it is or with yoghurt and guacamole if desired.
Calories 286 Calories from Fat 11
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 1 g1.8%
Saturated Fat 0.4 g2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0.14 mg0.05%
Sodium 341.7 mg14.2%
Total Carbohydrates 53 g17.6%
Dietary Fiber 11.3 g45.3%
Sugars 5.9 g
Protein 16 g31.7%
Vitamin A 29.2% Vitamin C 93.6%
Calcium 13.1% Iron 22.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet