|Pinto beans||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), cooked|
|Salsa||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Minced sweet red peppers||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Shredded low fat monterey jack cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2) Cut the tortillas into quarters.
3) Coarsely mash the beans.
4) Place the tortilla pieces on a baking sheet and bake for about 5 minutes or until crisp but not brown.
5) Let it cool for few minutes.
6) Spread the beans on the tortillas and place the wedges on the baking sheet.
7) Spoon a little salsa on each piece.
8) Sprinkle with peppers and cheese.
9) Bake for 3 minutes or until cheese melts.
10) Serve hot, as it is or with yoghurt and guacamole if desired.