Ranch Style Frijoles
|Diced onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Canned mild green chili peppers||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), seeded, chopped and drained|
|Olive oil/Vegetable oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Canned italian tomatoes||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), drained, seeded and diced, reserving liquid|
|Canned pinto beans||6 Ounce, rinsed and drained|
|Barbecue sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Chili powder||1 Teaspoon|
|6 inch corn tortilla||1 , toasted and cut to 6 equal wedges|
1) In a 1-quart ovenproof shallow casserole, mix together the onion, chili pepper, and oil thoroughly.
2) On high power, microwave for 1 minute, or until the onion turns soft.
3) To this, add the tomatoes with liquid, beans, barbecue sauce, and chili powder. Mix well.
4) On high power, microwave for 3 minutes, or until the mixture is heated well. By now, the flavors should blend well.
5) Serve each portion of Ranch Style Frijoles with 3 tortilla wedges.