Arroz Con Pollo
|Finely chopped onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Finely chopped green bell pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Seeded chopped tomato||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Olive oil/Vegetable oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Instant chicken broth and seasoning mix||1 Ounce (1 packet)|
|Capers||1 Teaspoon, rinsed and drained|
|Pimiento stuffed green olives||3|
|Uncooked long-grain rice||3 Ounce|
|Chicken breasts||2 Ounce, skinned (2 pieces, 6 ounce each)|
|Chopped fresh cilantro||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cumin||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
1) Combine together the bell pepper, onion, oil, tomato and garlic in a 4-quart microwavable casserole. Mix well.
2) Microwave the mixture on HIGH (100%) for 3 minutes, till the vegetables are tender. Stir after every minute.
3) Add the broth mix, water, olives and capers. Mix well.
4) Microwave on HIGH for another 3 minutes, till the mixture comes to a boil.
5) Add the rice and stir well.
6) Use vented plastic wrap to cover and microwave on HIGH for 8 minutes. Halfway through the cooking time, rotate the casserole ½ turn.
7) In the casserole, arrange the chicken, keeping the thicker portions towards the casserole-€™s edge.
8) Cover once again and microwave on HIGH for 5 minutes. Halfway through the cooking time, rotate the casserole ½ turn. Cook till the chicken is thoroughly cooked.
9) Add all the remaining ingredients and stir well.
10) Transfer the preparation to a decorative serving platter and serve while still hot.