Scrambled Huevos Rancheros
|Olive oil/Vegetable oil||2 Teaspoon, divided|
|6 inch flour tortillas||2|
|Sour cream||1 Tablespoon|
|Hot sauce||4 Drop|
|Diced red bell pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Diced scallions||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Seeded minced jalapeno pepper||1 Tablespoon|
|Tomato||1⁄2 , diced|
|Monterey jack cheese||1 Ounce, shredded|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 350 degrees.
2) With the help of a pastry brush, brush half of the oil all over both sides of each tortilla.
3) Arrange the tortillas on a non-stick baking sheet in a single layer and bake in the preheated oven for about 1 minute, till warm.
4) Carefully fit 1 tortilla into each of two custard cups of 10-ounces.
5) Put the tortillas back in the oven and bake till crisp. This will usually require another 3 to 4 minutes of baking.
6) With a fork, combine together the eggs, hot sauce, sour cream, salt and pepper in a small mixing bowl. Beat well till combined.
7) Heat the remaining teaspoon of oil in a 9-inch skillet and add the scallions, bell pepper and jalapeno pepper. Cook the ingredients over high heat, frequently stirring, till tender-crisp. This will take nearly 30 seconds of cooking.
8) All over the vegetables in the skillet, pour the egg mixture and cook, frequently stirring, just till the eggs are set (about 2 minutes).
9) Add the tomato and stir well.
10) Cook the mixture till it is thoroughly heated (another 30 seconds to 1 minute).
11) Between the tortilla-lined custard cups, divide the mixture and sprinkle portion with half of the cheese.
12) Serve the Scrambled Huevos Rancheros while still hot. The preparation is a filling and nutritious main dish. Can also be served as a breakfast dish or a snack.