|Corn oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Corn tortillas||9 (4 inch diameters)|
|Onions||2 Large, thinly sliced|
|Chile sauce||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Ricotta cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Grated monterey jack cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Goat cheese log||1⁄2 Pound (1/4 inch thick)|
|Cilantro||1 Bunch (100 gm), trimmed, finely chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), finely chopped|
|Tomatoes||3 Large, peeled, seeded, diced|
1) Preheat the oven to 350° F.
2) In a saute pan, add half the amount of corn oil. Heat over medium flame. When the oil is hot, frop in the tortillas in batches. Fry them for about 2 minutes until they turn soft but not crisp. Drain them on paper towels.
3) In a skillet, heat the rest of the corn oil over medium flame. Add in onions and saute for about 7 minutes until they get a light colour. Keep stirring to keep them from burning. Drain on paper towels.
4) In a 9X13-inch baking pan, lay down three tortillas. Over it, sprinkle 1/3 the amount of onions, 1/4 of the chile sauce, 1/3 of ricotta cheese, 1/3 of Jack Cheese and 1/3 of Goat Cheese.
5) Sprinkle it over with 1/3 of the cilantro, garlic and tomato.
6) Arrange three more tortillas on top of the spread and repeat the order of the spread. Finally, top with the remaining three tortillas.
7) Cover the top with 1/4 chile sauce and bake the tortillas for about 20 minutes or until the sauce on top starts to bubble while the cheese starts to melt.
8) Serve the Tortilla Lasagna hot of the oven, garnished with chopped cilantro on top.
Calories 995 Calories from Fat 564
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 65 g99.6%
Saturated Fat 28.7 g143.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 123.9 mg41.3%
Sodium 1477.9 mg61.6%
Total Carbohydrates 68 g22.8%
Dietary Fiber 8.9 g35.6%
Sugars 11.8 g
Protein 39 g78.6%
Vitamin A 128.1% Vitamin C 64%
Calcium 100.1% Iron 24.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet