Spanish Tortilla Omelette
|Olive oil||1⁄2 Pint (150 Milliliter)|
|Old potatoes||1 Pound, peeled, cut into thin slices (450 Gram)|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Onion||1 Large, finely chopped|
|Stuffed green olives||3 Ounce, sliced (75 Gram)|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
1. Heat oil in a large heavy pan, put in potatoes with 1 teaspoon salt. Stir to coat with oil and cook on moderate heat for about 10 minutes.
2. Stir in onion and cook for a further 10 minutes until potatoes are tender and becoming golden brown.
3. Turn mixture into a colander and drain off the oil and reserve.
4. Add olives to potatoes and onions.
5. In a large basin, whisk eggs with remaining salt and pepper until blended.
6. Add potato mixture to eggs.
7. Heat about 2 tablespoons of the reserved oil in a large frying pan, pour in omelette mixture and spread out evenly.
8. Allow to cook on moderate heat until set, and browned underneath.
9. Place a plate on top of pan, turn pan over so that omelette slips out onto plate.
10. Carefully slide omelette back into pan (browned side up) and cook for a further 2-3 minutes to brown underside.
11. Serve immediately, cut into 4.