Hot Mexican Salad
|Corn oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Minced beef||1 Pound (450 Gram)|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Red kidney beans||15 1⁄4 Ounce (1 Can, 432 Gram)|
|Tabasco sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|For the salad:|
|Webbs lettuce heart||1|
|Tomatoes||4 Medium, skinned and chopped|
|Cheddar cheese||4 Ounce, grated (100 Gram)|
|Thousand island dressing recipe||1⁄2|
|Tortilla||50 Gram (For The Salad:)|
1. Place the corn oil in a fairly large saucepan with the minced beef and onion.
2. Cook, stirring frequently, until the mince and onion are nicely browned, about 20 minutes.
3. Drain the beans and add with the Tabasco sauce, using the 1/2 tablespoon if using the tortilla crisps (which add a distinctive flavour) or 1 tablespoon if using the krackerwheat biscuits.
4. Heat the beans through gently.
5. Mix the salad ingredients together in a bowl breaking the biscuits into fairly large pieces.
6. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the salad ingredients.
7. Serve at once; garnish with slices of avocado pear, if liked.