Low-Fat Quesadillas With Guacamole
|Skinless, boneless chicken breast halves||2|
|White wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chili powder||2 Tablespoon|
|Red bell pepper||1|
|Kalamata olives||10 , pitted, sliced|
|Mushrooms||5 , sliced|
|Low fat cheese||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Salsa/1 tomato, chopped and seasoned with tabasco sauce to taste||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic clove||2 Small|
|Plain yogurt||1 Tablespoon|
|Freshly squeezed lime juice||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Onion||2 Tablespoon, minced|
|Jalapeno pepper||1 Small, diced|
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Pour wine over chicken breasts arrange in a shallow glass-baking dish and sprinkle some chili powder.
3. Bake for 20 minutes or until chicken breasts turn tender, not pink, turning halfway through and sprinkling rest of the chili powder.
4. Take out, cool and slice the breasts into strips.
5. Transfer leftover cooking juices to a plastic dish, cover, and refrigerate.
6. Place red bell pepper in a shallow baking pan and broil, until its sides blister and turn brown. Take out, transfer to a small brown bag, close, and allow to cool
7. Peel the skin of cooled bell pepper, deseed, and slice into strips.
8. Place tortillas in the baking pan and spread chicken olives, peppers strips, and mushrooms evenly on them.
9. Top each tortilla with 4 tablespoon cheese and bake for about 5 to 15 minutes.
10. In a bowl, using a fork, mash garlic with salt. Add avocado and mash well.
11. Add cilantro along with lime, pepper, onions, and yogurt to prepare the guacamole.
12. Serve chicken quesadillas hot with salsa and guacamole.
Calories 197 Calories from Fat 103
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18.1%
Saturated Fat 4.1 g20.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 31.5 mg10.5%
Sodium 422.9 mg17.6%
Total Carbohydrates 9 g3.1%
Dietary Fiber 3.6 g14.6%
Sugars 3.5 g
Protein 14 g28.4%
Vitamin A 38.7% Vitamin C 47.5%
Calcium 19.3% Iron 6.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet