Mexican Chicken Salad
|Lemon juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Jalapeno peppers||2 , seeded, minced|
|Tomato paste||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), minced|
|Dried oregano||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cumin||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Boneless skinless chicken breasts||1 Pound|
|Leafy greens||3 Cup (48 tbs), thinly sliced (Dark)|
|Sesame seeds||2 Tablespoon, toasted|
1) In a large, shallow dish, add lemon juice, peppers, tomato paste, garlic, oregano, cumin and cinnamon. Mix thoroughly.
2) Place the chicken breasta between sheets of waxed paper and pound using a mallet to an even thickness of about 1/3 inch to 1/2 inch.
3) Dredge the pounded meat in the spice mixture to coat all sides.
4) Cover and place the dish in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes. Flip the meat around every 15 minutes.
5) In a sparsely oiled broiler rack, cook the chicken. Keep the marinade aside.
6) Broil the chicken for about 5 minutes on each side. Let it rest for a while before slicing.
7) In a 1-quart saucepan, add the reserved marinade' Allow it to come to a boil. Cook for 30 seconds longer.
8) In a large serving bowl, lay the greens and pour the hot marinade evenly over it.
9) Toss the greens to coat well.
10) Place the sliced chicken neatly over the greens.
11) Serve the Mexican Chicken Salad garnished with toasted sesame seeds.