Crispy Tortilla And Jicama Salad
|Blue corn tortillas||4|
|Ancho corn tortillas||4|
|Vegetable oil||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|Jicama||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), julienned|
|Red bell peppers||1⁄2 , peeled, seeded, julienned|
|Green bell peppers||1⁄2 , peeled, seeded, julienned|
|Yellow bell peppers||1⁄2 , peeled, seeded, julienned|
|Mizuna leaf||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Packed)|
|Packed cilantro||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Corn oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Freshly squeezed lime juice||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Serrano chiles||2 , seeded, finely chopped|
1) Arrange the tortillas in three stacks. Slice the stacks in two halves. Restack three stacks with the half sliced tortillas. Slice crosswise into 1/8-inch strips.
2) Combine all the sliced tortillas to make one tall stack.
3) In a deep fryer, add vegetable oil and heat it to 325° F. Fry half the amount of tortillas for about 35 seconds. Do not overcook the tortillas but only till they turn crisp. Drain the fried tortillas on a paper towel. Repeat the process with the remaining half of the tortillas.
4) In a large bowl, add jicama, bell peppers, mizuna, cilantro, corn oil, lime juice, chilies and salt. Mix well.
5) Add in the fried tortilla into the bell and gently toss well to coat.
6) Serve Crisp Tortilla And Jicama Salad warm alongside grilled veal loin steaks.