|Ground beef/Turkey||1 Pound|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), minced|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm)|
|Red kidney beans||16 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Canned dark red kidney beans||16 Ounce (1 can)|
|Taco sauce||8 Ounce (1 jar)|
|Chili powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Tomatoes||2 Cup (32 tbs), chopped|
|Chopped tomatoes||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Shredded cheddar cheese||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Cheddar cheese||8 Ounce, shredded|
|Chopped green pepper||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Green pepper||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Sliced pitted ripe olives||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Olives||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), pitted|
|Green onions||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), sliced|
|Sliced green onions||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) In a large skillet, saute the ground beef or turkey and garlic, until lightly browned; drain off the drippings.
2) Stir in the undrained kidney beans, taco sauce and chili powder.
3) Bring to a boil, then cover and simmer over a low heat for 10 minutes.
4) In a large bowl, add the olives, tomatoes, cheese, green pepper and green onions together.
5) Add the hot beef mixture and toss lightly to mix all the ingredients together.
6) Spoon the salad over 6 dinner plates lined with salad savoy leaves.
and serve with corn sticks, if desired.
Calories 1061 Calories from Fat 479
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 55 g85.3%
Saturated Fat 25.3 g126.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 187.8 mg62.6%
Sodium 1358.7 mg56.6%
Total Carbohydrates 74 g24.7%
Dietary Fiber 20.7 g82.9%
Sugars 8 g
Protein 69 g137.8%
Vitamin A 72.6% Vitamin C 112.9%
Calcium 74.6% Iron 68.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet