Chinese Chicken Burritos
|12 inch flour tortillas||6|
|Asian sesame||1 Tablespoon|
|Asian sesame oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Teaspoon, minced|
|Minced garlic||1 Teaspoon|
|Minced ginger||1 Teaspoon|
|Ginger||1 Teaspoon, minced|
|Canned sliced bamboo shoots||8 Ounce, drained|
|Bamboo shoots||8 Ounce, sliced (1 Can)|
|Watercress||2 Bunch (200 gm), rinsed, stems removed|
|Watercress||2 Bunch (200 gm), rinsed|
|Scallions||2 , trimmed and finely sliced white and green parts|
|Chicken||2 Cup (32 tbs), sliced|
|Diced cooked chicken||2 Cup (32 tbs), or finely sliced|
|Rice vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Hoisin sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Dried red pepper||10 Gram|
|Dried red pepper flakes||To Taste|
|Cashews||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Chopped unsalted cashews||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 300°F.
2. In aluminum foil, wrap the tortillas and heat them.
3. In a large skillet heat the sesame and vegetable oils over medium-high heat and cook the garlic and ginger and cook, stirring continuously, until you get their aroma, 10 seconds.
4. Add the bamboo shoots, watercress, scallions and chicken and cook, stirring, until the watercress leaves just wilt, 1 or 2 minutes.
5. Mix in the vinegar, water and hoisin sauce well.
6. Then remove the skillet from the heat and season to taste with salt and red pepper flakes.
7. From the oven remove the tortillas, spread the chicken mixture over them and scatter some cashews, if using, on top.
8. To serve fold the tortillas or roll them up like burritos and accompany with soy sauce for dipping, if you wish.