|Vegetable oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Canned red kidney beans||14 Ounce, drained (1 can, 398 milliliter)|
|Chili powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cumin||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Hot pepper sauce||1 Dash|
|Nacho chips||36 (round, 2 1/2 inch size)|
|Tomato||1 , seeded and chopped|
|Sweet green pepper||1 , chopped|
|Finely chopped pickled jalapeno peppers||1 Tablespoon|
|Shredded cheddar cheese/Monterey jack cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. In 4-cup measure or casserole, combine oil and garlic and microwave at High for 35 to 60 seconds or until garlic is tender.
2. Stir in kidney beans, chili powder, cumin and hot pepper sauce, cover with lid or vented plastic wrap and microwave at High for 2 minutes or until heated through, stirring once.
3. In a food processor or blender process the mixture until smooth or else mash with fork and season with pepper to taste.
4. On each chip spread about 1 teaspoon (5 milliliter) bean mixture and arrange 18 chips on each of two 12-inch (30 cm) round serving dishes.
5. Sprinkling tomato, green pepper and jalapeno pepper (if using) evenly over chips top with cheese.
6. Microwave one plate at a time, uncovered, at Medium (50%) for 2-1/2 to 3-1/2 minutes or until cheese melts, rearranging nachos halfway through.
7. Move nachos from center to outside of serving dish and serve hot with melted cheese on the top.
Calories 1632 Calories from Fat 730
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 81 g125.1%
Saturated Fat 11.8 g58.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 30.3 mg10.1%
Sodium 1398.2 mg58.3%
Total Carbohydrates 194 g64.5%
Dietary Fiber 17.7 g70.9%
Sugars 4.1 g
Protein 28 g56.6%
Vitamin A 40.7% Vitamin C 77.9%
Calcium 23.9% Iron 9.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet