Quick Taco Salad
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs) (As Required)|
|Canned beans with tomatoes peppers and mexican spices||15 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Lettuce||6 Cup (96 tbs), shredded|
|Reduced fat sharp cheddar cheese||2 Ounce, shredded|
|Avocado||1 Small, chopped|
|Tomato||1 Large, chopped|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) In a bowl of water, dip the tortillas in once, and immediately drain on paper towels.
3) Slice the damp tortillas into 8 wedge-shaped pieces.
4) Arrange the tortilla wedges on a baking sheet. Bake for about 15 minutes or until it turns slight golden brown and crispy.
5) Let cool.
6) In a saucepan, add the canned beans with tomatoes, peppers and Mexican spices. Heat thoroughly.
7) Arrange the shredded lettuce leaves on the serving plate. Spoon the heated beans over it.
8) Sprinkle with cheese and top with chopped avocado and tomatoes.
9) Arrange the crisp tortilla wedges around the edges.
10) Serve the taco salad with store-bought salsa.
Calories 359 Calories from Fat 77
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g13.7%
Saturated Fat 4.3 g21.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 10 mg3.3%
Sodium 733.9 mg30.6%
Total Carbohydrates 57 g19.2%
Dietary Fiber 10.1 g40.3%
Sugars 4.5 g
Protein 12 g24.9%
Vitamin A 144% Vitamin C 44.1%
Calcium 23% Iron 20.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet