|Flour||8 Cup (128 tbs)|
|Lard||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Warm water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1) In a bowl, sieve together flour and salt with your bare hands.
2) Add in 1/2 cup lard into the flour mix and blend well.
3) Slowly pour in warm water and knead the mixture into a soft dough. Make sure the dough is not sticky.
4) Continue to knead the dough out of the bowl on a flat surface for about 10 minutes.
5) Add a little lard on top of the dough, cover with a towel and keep aside to rest for about 5 minutes.
6) Divide the tortilla dough into 24 small golf ball sized rounds.
7) Pat each ball with your palm slightly, place a dot of lard on top, cover with a small waxed paper, allowing them to rest for about 30 minutes.
8) On a floured flat surface, roll out the tortillas into thin, saucer-size rounds.
9) On an ungreased, hot comal or flat grill bake the rolled out tortillas.
10) Cook the underside till the surface starts forming little bubbles. Immediately, flip the tortilla over and finishing cooking.
11) Serve hot tortillas with a dollop of butter and even with cheese.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4565 Calories from Fat 1007
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 112 g172.8%
Saturated Fat 41.7 g208.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 97.4 mg32.5%
Sodium 5857.7 mg244.1%
Total Carbohydrates 763 g254.4%
Dietary Fiber 27 g108%
Sugars 2.7 g
Protein 103 g206.6%
Vitamin A Vitamin C
Calcium 16.8% Iron 258%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet