Empanadas De Carne
|Tomatoes||3⁄4 Can (7.5 oz), diced (Or 1 Small Can)|
|Canned tomatoes||4 Ounce, diced (1 Small Can)|
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Harina de maize||6 Ounce (1/2 Bag)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs) (As Required)|
|Lettuce||2 (For Garnish)|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Deep Frying)|
|Lettuce||1 , chopped (For Garnish)|
|Salsa||1 Tablespoon (Store-Bought Or Homemade.)|
1) In a large pot, cook the cow tongue in enough water. Cook on low flame for about 1 hour or until the tongue becomes firm.
2) Take the tongue out of the broth and set aside to cool.
3) Shred the tongue into small pieces.
4) In a saute pan, oil a tablespoon of oil and saute the onions and tomatoes.
5) Add the onion and tomato mixture into the shredded meat pieces and mix well.
6) In a large mixing bowl, add the harina de maiz and water, little by little, kneading the mixture into a soft dough.
7) Remove 3-inch sized balls from the dough and roll them out on a floured board. Make 5-inch sized circles. Repeat till the dough has been used up.
8) Place a spoonful of meat mixture in the centre of each of the rolled-out circles.
9) Fold over the circle once, securing the edges by pressing down with the back of a fork.
10) Serve the Empanadas De Carne topped with chopped lettuce, alongside readymade salsa.