Salsa Chicken With Pasta
|Garlic cloves||4 Small|
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Ground chicken/Ground turkey||1 Pound|
|Mild salsa/Hot salsa||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Salsa||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Mild Or Hot)|
|Spaghetti sauce/Tomato puree||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Grated extra sharp cheddar/Monterey jack cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Grated extra sharp cheddar cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Grated Monterey Jack Cheese)|
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook until tender but still firm to the bite, about 10 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, finely chop the carrots in a food processor. Add the garlic cloves and process until the garlic is minced, a few seconds longer.
3. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the carrots and garlic, lower the heat to medium, and simmer until the carrots begin to soften, about 3 minutes. Add the ground chicken and cook until crumbled and no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Break up the clumps of meat by mashing them against the bottom of the skillet with the side of a wooden spoon.
4. While the chicken is cooking, chop or puree the salsa in the food processor or blender. When the chicken is cooked, add the salsa and the spaghetti sauce. Cover and simmer over low heat for 5 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
5. Drain the pasta and divide it among 4 plates. Spoon the sauce over each portion and serve immediately. Pass the grated cheese separately, as you like.
Calories 987 Calories from Fat 393
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 45 g69.4%
Saturated Fat 14.5 g72.5%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 157.6 mg52.5%
Sodium 1349.1 mg56.2%
Total Carbohydrates 98 g32.6%
Dietary Fiber 10.6 g42.3%
Sugars 10.4 g
Protein 51 g101.2%
Vitamin A 196.7% Vitamin C 35.9%
Calcium 52% Iron 22.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet