Tofu Tamale Pie
|Vegetable oil||1 1⁄3 Tablespoon (1 Tablespoon Plus 1 Teaspoon)|
|Onions||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Zucchini||2 Cup (32 tbs), sliced|
|Mushrooms||1 Cup (16 tbs), sliced|
|Firm tofu||12 Ounce, cut into cubes (Soybean Curd)|
|Canned tomatoes||3 Cup (48 tbs), canned|
|Chili powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Pitted black olives||16 , sliced|
|Canned whole kernel corn||1 Cup (16 tbs), drained|
|Cornmeal||1 1⁄2 Ounce (Yellow / White, Uncooked)|
|Sharp cheddar cheese||4 Ounce, shredded|
1) Preheat the oven to 400Â° F.
2) In a 12 inch skillet with an oven-safe or detachable handle, saute the onions in the oil over a medium-high heat, until transparent.
3) Stir in the zucchini and mushrooms and saute for another 5 minutes.
4) Stir in the tofu, tomatoes, chili powder, salt and pepper, then simmer over a low heat for 15 minutes.
5) Stir in the olives, corn and cornmeal into the tofu mixture and cook for 5 to 10 minutes stirring frequently, until the mixture thickens.
6) Sprinkle with the cheese and bake in the preheated oven for about 5 minutes, until the cheese is melted. Then allow to stand for 5 minutes before serving.
7) Slice and serve immediately on individual serving plates.