Skirt Steak with Red Wine Mojo and Orange Salsa
|For the red wine mojo|
|Dry red wine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Honey||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Minced ginger||1 Tablespoon|
|Minced garlic||1 Tablespoon|
|For the steak|
|Skirt steak||2 Pound|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|For the orange salsa:|
|Plum tomatoes||2 Large|
|Oranges||1 Large, peeled, sectioned, diced|
|Sweet onion||1 Large, finely diced|
|Jalapeno chilies||1 Large, seeded, minced|
|Jalapeno chiles||2 Large, seeded, minced|
|Freshly squeezed lime juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Freshly squeezed orange juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped fresh cilantro||2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped cilantro||2 Tablespoon|
|Kosher salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cilantro sprigs||4 (For Garnish)|
1) In a saucepan, add wine and allow it to come to a simmer. Take the pan off the flame, add in honey, ginger and garlic.
2) Allow the mixture to rest for about 10 minutes before adding in orange juice, lime juice, salt and pepper. Let the red wine mojo cool down.
3) In a large shallow dish, season the steak with salt and pepper. Pour the red wine mojo over it and refrigerate covered for about 1 hour.
4) In a small saucepan, boil water to blanch the tomatoes for about 30 seconds. Immediately, drain the tomatoes into a bowl of ice-cold water. Peel the tomatoes, deseed and dice.
5) In a bowl, add the diced tomatoes and oranges, sweet onion, jalapeno chiles, lime juice, orange juice, cilantro and salt. Mix well and allow to rest for some time.
6) Remove the marinated steak from the mojo and drain off the excess liquid. Grill the steak for 2 to 3 minutes per side for medium-rare and 3 to 4 minutes for medium. Rest the steak on a cutting board for at least 3 minutes before slicing.
7) Slice the steaks diagonally and arrange the slices in the centre of the warm plte. Serve the Orange Salsa on the side.