Hoisin Glazed Chicken In Tortillas
|Boston lettuce leaves||8 Large|
|Fresh cilantro leaves||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Fresh mint leaves||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Tortillas||8 Large (Burrito Style, 10 Inches In Diameter)|
|Skinless boneless chicken breasts||2 Pound (2 Large Breasts)|
|Asian sesame oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Rice vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Hoisin sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
1. Rinse and dry the lettuce leaves and stack them on a plate. Rinse and dry the cilantro and mint leaves, and place them in separate bowls. Grate the carrots.
2. Preheat the oven to 400 Â°F.
3. Arrange the tortillas, overlapping, on a baking sheet and cover with aluminum foil. Cut the chicken into 1/2-inch chunks.
4. Heat the sesame oil in a 9-inch skillet over medium heat. Saute the chicken, stirring continuously with a slotted spoon, just until it stiffens, 1 minute. Put the tortillas in the oven.
5. Add the garlic, vinegar, honey, soy sauce, and hoisin sauce to the skillet and bring to a simmer. Cook until the chicken is cooked through, 2 minutes. Push the chicken to one side of the skillet, and set the half of the skillet with the liquid over medium-high heat. Boil the liquid away until it reduces to a glaze, about 30 seconds (keep your eye on this because it can burn quickly). When the liquid looks syrupy, remove the skillet from the heat and combine the reduced sauce with the chicken; season to taste with salt and pepper.
6. To assemble the tortillas, center a leaf of lettuce in the middle of each tortilla. Top with chicken, grated carrot, and mint and cilantro leaves. Roll up and serve.