Pork Skewers With Salsa
|Lean pork||1 Pound, minced (500 Grams)|
|Breadcrumbs||2 Ounce (1 Cup / 60 Grams, Made From Stale Bread)|
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crushed|
|Oregano||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Cumin||1 Teaspoon, ground|
|Chili powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Egg||1 , lightly beaten|
|For artichoke salsa|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Artichoke hearts||6 Ounce, marinated, chopped (185 Grams)|
|Tomatoes||4 , seeded and chopped|
|Tomato paste||2 Tablespoon (Or Puree)|
|Fresh oregano||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
1. Preheat barbecue to a medium heat
1. in a bowl mix together pork, breadcrumbs, onion, garlic, oregano, cumin, chilli powder and egg to combine.
2. Shaping tablespoons of pork mixture into balls, place on a plate lined with plastic food wrap, cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
2. Onto a lightly oiled skewer thread four balls and repeat with remaining balls.
3. On lightly oiled barbecue grill place skewers and cook, turning frequently, for 8 minutes or until cooked through.
3. To make salsa, in frying pan heat oil over a medium heat, add onion and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes until onion is golden.
4. Add artichokes, tomatoes, tomato paste (puree) and oregano and cook, stirring, for 3-4 minutes longer until heated through.
5. Serve with skewers and optionally accompany sauce.
Calories 327 Calories from Fat 113
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g19.6%
Saturated Fat 3.3 g16.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 130 mg43.3%
Sodium 242.1 mg10.1%
Total Carbohydrates 25 g8.5%
Dietary Fiber 7.1 g28.2%
Sugars 7 g
Protein 30 g60%
Vitamin A 34.7% Vitamin C 48.8%
Calcium 15.5% Iron 31.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet