Vegetarian Tamale Pie
|Olive oil/Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon (Plus 1 Teaspoon)|
|Chopped onions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Green bell pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Canned red kidney beans||12 Ounce, drained, slightly mashed|
|Canned italian tomatoes||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), drained and diced|
|Pitted olives||4 , sliced (Green And Black)|
|Chili powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Chopped fresh cilantro/Parsley||1 Teaspoon (Chinese Parsley)|
|Yellow cornmeal||2 1⁄4 Ounce, uncooked|
|All purpose flour||3 Tablespoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Buttermilk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Shredded cheddar cheese||2 Ounce|
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2.Take a 10 inch nonstick skillet and heat 2 teaspoons of oil in it.
3.Add in onion, garlic, green pepper and saute for 2 to 3 minutes until vegetables are tender.
4.Add in beans, olives, tomatoes, chili powder, cilantro and stir cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
5.Take four 1 3/4 cup flameproof casseroles.
6. Spray these with cooking spray.
7. Transfer 1/4 bean mixture into each casserole.
8.In a small mixing bowl, mix together flour, cornmeal and baking powder.
9.In another small mixing bowl, beat egg, buttermilk, and 2 teaspoons oil.
10. Stir onto flour mixture and stir well.
11. Pour 1/4 of the flour mixture over each portion of the bean mixture.
12. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until an inserted knife comes out clean.
13. Top the cornmeal mixture with cheese.
14.Broil the mixture for 1 to 2 minutes until the cheese melts and browns.
15. Serve warm.