Mesquite Grilled Rib Eye Cowboy Steaks With Black Bean Relleno And Pico De Gallo Salsa
|For the pico de gallo salsa|
|Serrano||2 , minced|
|Roma tomatoes||1 Pound, diced (About 8 In Number)|
|Serrano chilies||2 , minced with seeds|
|Red onion||2 Tablespoon, finley diced|
|Cilantro||2 Tablespoon, minced|
|Fresh cilantro||2 Tablespoon, minced|
|Negra modelo beer||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Beer||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Any Mexican Variety Such As Dos Equis Or Negra Modelo)|
|Lime juice||1 Tablespoon|
|For the rellenos|
|Chipotle and adobo sauce||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon, canned|
|Black beans||2 Cup (32 tbs), cooked|
|Cumin||1⁄2 Teaspoon, toasted|
|Canned chipotle pepper in adobo sauce||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Cumin||1⁄2 Teaspoon, toasted and ground|
|Chilies||4 , roasted (Green New Mexico Or Anaheim)|
|Green new mexico chilies/Anaheim chilies||4 , roasted and peeled, stems left intact|
|Eggs||4 , beaten|
|All-purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs) (For Dusting)|
|Cornmeal||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Rib eye steaks||72 Ounce (About 1 To 1 1/2 Inches Thick, Left At Room Temperature For 1 Hour Before Cooking)|
|Peanut oil||2 Tablespoon (Or As Needed)|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|For the cowboy steaks|
|Cilantro sprig||4 , garnish|
|Rib eye steak||72 Ounce (About 1 To 1 1/2 Inches Thick, Left At Room Temperature For 1 Hour Before Cooking, 4 In Number, 18 Ounce Each)|
|Freshly cracked black pepper||To Taste|
|Cilantro sprigs||4 (For Garnish)|
1. In a mixing bowl, put together all the salsa ingredients and mix thoroughly.
2. Let the salsa sit at room temperature for up to 2 hours until ready to serve or cover and refrigerate until use.
3. Preheat the grill or broiler and prepare it for cooking.
4. In a food processor, put together beans, chipotle chiles, cumin, and salt and puree until smooth; keep it aside.
5. Carefully slit the roasted chilies lengthwise leaving the stems intact; remove and discard seeds and ribs.
6. Spoon the pureed bean mixture into the chiles; do not overstuff or rip the chiles.
7. In a shallow bowl or soup plate, blend eggs and milk together to form an egg wash.
8. In a separate plate keep mix flour.
9. In another plate keep a mixture of cornmeal, salt and cayenne.
10. Coat the stuffed chiles with flour; shake off any excess, then dip them into the egg wash; let the excess drip off.
11. Finally, dredge the chiles in the cornmeal and coat well.
12. In a deep fryer or heavy-bottomed deep skillet, heat oil to 350 degrees.
13. Carefully drown the chiles in the hot oil and deep fry for about 45 seconds to 1 minute until golden brown.
14. Remove and place on a platter lined with paper towels to drain.
15. Place in a low oven for keeping warm.
16. Season steaks with salt and pepper just before grilling.
17. Place it on the grill and cook for 6 to 7 minutes per side for medium-rare or 8 to 9 minutes per side for medium, depending on the heat of the grill and the thickness of the steaks.
18. On warm serving plates, place the steaks and top with Pico de Gallo salsa.
19. Arrange black bean relleno next to each steak.
20. Garnish with a cilantro sprig.
21. Serve immediately.