Whole Wheat Flour Tortillas
|Whole wheat flour||2 1⁄4 Cup (36 tbs) (Measured Scoop And Level)|
|Double acting baking powder||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Soy margarine/Sunflower margarine||2 Tablespoon|
|Warm water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Water||2 Tablespoon (As Needed)|
1) In your food processor, use METAL BLADE setting.
2) In the work bowl, add flour, salt and baking powder. Pulse on/off.
3) Add small margarine pieces into the work bowl. Process the mixture to make a coarse consistency.
4) Pour in water through feed tube in a steady stream, while the machine is still running.
5) Stop processing when the ball is formed.
6) Remove the dough from work bowl and make out 12 portions from the dough.
7) Use the plastic bag to place the dough.
8) Form 1 piece of dough into a ball, coat with additional flour and roll out to a circle 6-7 inches in diameter.
9) Make 1 or 2 tortillas at a time, then bake.
10) Use an ungreased Silver Stone or similar non-stick pan over medium-high heat.
11) Bake the tortillas until brown flecks appear, about 1 1/2 minutes. Flip and bake the other side.
12) Keep the tortillas warm, until it is time to serve.
13) Serve the tortilla warm with your choice of side dish.