Mexican Chefs Salad
|Romaine lettuce leaves||4 , torn into bite-size pieces|
|Tomato||1⁄2 , chopped|
|Avocado||1⁄2 , cubed|
|Mild onion||1⁄4 Medium|
|Kidney beans||1 Cup (16 tbs), cooked, chilled|
|Cheddar cheese||1 Ounce, well chilled|
|Honey french dressing||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Line a serving plate with lettuce leaves.
2) In a food processor bowl with a metal blade, process the onion until finely chopped.
3) Sprinkle 1/2 the onions over lettuce, then top with the beans and rest of the onions.
4) In a processor bowl with a shredding disc, process the Cheddar cheese until shredded and sprinkle over salad.
5) Top the salad with chopped tomato and avocado.
6) Pour over the salad dressing as required and a few drops of Tabasco sauce.
7) Garnish with the taco chips and serve immediately.
Calories 204 Calories from Fat 62
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g11%
Saturated Fat 1.8 g8.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 5 mg1.7%
Sodium 188.9 mg7.9%
Total Carbohydrates 27 g9%
Dietary Fiber 6.3 g25.1%
Sugars 6.2 g
Protein 9 g17.4%
Vitamin A 11.4% Vitamin C 11.4%
Calcium 6.6% Iron 12.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet