Colorful Fiesta Chicken
|Broiler fryer chickens||2 , cut up|
|Flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Chicken broth||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Frozen asparagus spears||10 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Carrots||1 Cup (16 tbs), sliced|
|Sweet red pepper||1 Cup (16 tbs), diced|
|Fresh mushrooms||1⁄2 Pound, sliced|
|Soy sauce||3 Tablespoon|
|Cilantro||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
1. In small bowl, mix together flour, salt, paprika, turmeric and pepper and dredge the chicken one piece at a time, dredging to coat.
2. In 12-inch frypan, heat oil to medium temperature and cook chicken fuming for about 15 minutes or until brown on all sides.
3. Adding onion and chicken broth, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
4. Then add asparagus, carrots, red pepper, mushrooms and soy sauce, cover and simmer for about 15 minutes such that fork can be inserted in chicken with ease and vegetables are tender.
5. Sprinkle with cilantro and serve.