Mexican Black Bean Lasagna
|Black beans||1 Pound, picked over, rinsed, and soaked for 8 hours|
|Water||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Spanish onion||1 Large, peeled and diced|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), peeled and finely chopped|
|Scotch bonnet pepper/Serrano / jalapeno||1 , finely chopped|
|Chili powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Coriander||1 Teaspoon, ground|
|Kale||1 Pound, chopped, washed, and drained|
|Fresh ears of corn/Frozen corn kernels- 2 cups, thawed||3 , kernels removed|
|Cilantro||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), chopped|
|Garlic bulb||1 Medium, loose skin removed|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon (1 Tablespoon Plus 1 Tablespoon)|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), peeled, finely chopped|
|Canned whole tomatoes||28 Ounce, roughly chopped (1 Can)|
|Roasted pumpkin seed||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Available In Many Supermarkets And Ethnic Markets)|
|Fresh basil/2 teaspoon dried basil||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), snipped|
|Monterey jack||6 Ounce, grated|
1) Pre-heat the oven setting the temperature to 375Â°F.
2) Take a large sized pot and place beans in it adding water before boiling them.
3) Lower heat and simmer it for an hour until soft.
4) Take the bulb of garlic and cut Â¼ portion of it from the non-stem end and throw it away.
5) Take a bowl and place the remaining part of garlic in it and drizzle it with olive oil and water.
6) Cover it with a plastic wrapper.
7) Microwave the garlic on HIGH for 15 minutes.
8) Remove it and cool before squeezing out the pulp from it.
9) Place Dutch oven on high heat and add a tablespoon of olive oil to it.
10) Add onion and sautÃ© until it is tender.
11) Add the chopped garlic and sautÃ© until the fragrance is released.
12) Add the tomatoes and allow to boil before decreasing heat and simmering for 15 minutes with frequent stirring.
13) Add the remaining garlic and pumpkin seeds and simmer for 5 minutes.
14) Take a food processor bowl and puree the mixture before adding fresh basil, salt and pepper.
15) Heat olive oil over low flame in Dutch oven once again and sautÃ© onion until soft and then add the garlic stirring until it becomes fragrant.
16) Add the Scotch bonnet or jalapeno or Serrano along with cumin, coriander and chili powder.
17) Saute it for 2 minutes stirring frequently.
18) Add the kale and steam it for 10 minutes until it is softened.
19) Add the cilantro and corn and sautÃ© them for 1 minute.
20) Add the mixture to the drained beans and season with salt and pepper .
21) Take a round casserole of dimensions 10 X 14-inch and put 2 tortillas at the bottom.
22) Top the layer with a quarter of the bean mixture then a quarter of the sauce and a quarter of Monterey jack.
23) Continue to layer it likewise for three more times and finally top it with cheese.
24) Place lid on casserole and bake for 20 minutes until it is heated through and through.
25) Serve as required.