Chicken with Apple Salsa
|Broiler fryer chicken||8 , boned and skinned|
|Lemon||1 Large, cut in half|
|Freshly ground pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Apple salsa||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Corn chips||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Setting the oven temperature control at broil on the broiler pan place chicken thighs and arrange oven rack so that chicken is about 6 inches from heat.
2. Squeeze lemon juice over chicken evenly and sprinkle pepper on top.
3. Broil turning once for about 25 minutes such that fork can be inserted in chicken with ease.
4. Spread Apple Salsa evenly over chicken and broil for 2 minutes more.
5. To serve garnish with corn chips and cilantro sprigs.
Calories 3265 Calories from Fat 2056
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 228 g350.7%
Saturated Fat 64.9 g324.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1124.9 mg375%
Sodium 1129.7 mg47.1%
Total Carbohydrates 6 g2%
Dietary Fiber 0.78 g3.1%
Sugars 1.6 g
Protein 280 g559.1%
Vitamin A 44.1% Vitamin C 54.8%
Calcium 17.7% Iron 76%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet