Mexican Rice Crust Pizza
|Brown rice||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Pinto beans||1 Cup (16 tbs), cooked (About 1/2 Cup Dry)|
|Mozzarella cheese||6 Ounce, well chilled|
|Monterey jack cheese||8 Ounce, well chilled|
|Eggs||2 Small, slightly beaten|
|Canned tomatillos||14 Ounce, drained (1 Can, Mexican Variety)|
|Onion||1 Small, cut into 1-inch pieces|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Canned whole green chilies||7 Ounce, rinsed and seeded (1 Can)|
|Fresh coriander||1 Bunch (100 gm)|
|Brown sugar||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Crushed red pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. Pre-heat the oven to 375Â°F.
2. With a shredder, or in a food processor using the shredding blade, lightly shred the mozzarella and Monterey jack cheeses separately. Keep aside.
3. In a large bowl, toss together the cooked brown rice, 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese and 2 eggs.
4. In a blender or food processor, blend the tomatillos, onion, garlic, green chiles, coriander, salt and brown sugar to a smooth paste.
5. Add the crushed red pepper to the sauce. Keep aside.
6. Take a 9 x 13-inch baking pan and grease it.
7. Layer the rice mixture at the bottom evenly.
8. Next, layer with the beans and then the sauce.
9. Top with the remaining mozzarella and all of the Monterey Jack cheese.
10. Place any pizza toppings that you want.
11. In the oven, bake for 40 minutes.
12. Serve hot, cut into squares.